Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pasta night: Sun-dried Tomato, Spinach, and Sausage Pasta


Pasta Night: Sun-dried Tomato, Spinach, and Sausage Pasta

     I know that I'll have a very happy boyfriend if I announce that this pasta is what's for dinner. It's also super easy, and quick.... kind of a win-win situation for both of us. He is so in love with this pasta that he's proclaimed that if he had things his way, he would eat this pasta every day of his life.
     This is a very basic recipe, so feel free to interchange ingredients. I've used arugula instead of spinach, roasted cherry tomatoes instead of sun-dried, dried herbs instead of fresh... you get the picture. This recipe feeds an army, so make it for guests, or split it up into containers and you have lunch for the week!

Sun-dried Tomato, Spinach, and Sausage Pasta
Serves 6-8

1 Pound whole-grain penne pasta
1 package (4 links) Tofurky brand sun-dried tomato sausages, cut on 1/4 inch bias (substitute meat   sausages if you prefer)
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
4 cloves garlic, minced, sliced, whatever shape you're into
1 Teaspoon red chili flake
1 small jar of
julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1 pound bag frozen spinach thawed, with as much water removed as possible!
1 handful parsley, chopped
1 handful basil, chopped
1 small package fresh mozzarella, cut into chunks (optional)
Handful Kalamata olives, cut in half (optional)

Fill a large pot with water and set to boil. Cook pasta to package directions. Reserve some starchy cooking water before draining.

Meanwhile, preheat a high-walled skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking oil spray. Add your sausage and cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until brown. Remove sausages from pan and set aside.

Add the teaspoon of olive oil to the pan, add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds, then add red chili flake, cook another 30 seconds. Add jar of sun-dried tomatoes with their oil, spinach, and sausage, and heat through. Add cooked pasta to the pan, and toss to combine. Turn off the heat, and add parsley, basil, mozzarella, and olives, toss again. If pasta looks dry add some starchy cooking water, and toss again.

3 comments:

  1. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.

    Any way I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

    My web site Federal credit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession
    capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.

    Any way I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

    Also visit my blog post ... Federal credit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog
    and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts.
    After all I will be subscribing in your feed and
    I am hoping you write again very soon!

    My weblog Dynamic Measurement Solutions

    ReplyDelete